Introduction

This section includes a series of Google spreadsheets outlining the details of my rides by day, month, and year. It should be noted too, that I generally record all my rides using a Garmin Tour SatNav which I then upload to Ride With GPS. All the details are then merged here and voila!

2016 Yearly Totals

2016 was a stunning year. I had a few exceptional months; especially March & April; when I cycled 55 miles every day for 55 consecutive days to raise awareness and money for Parkinson' UK.
By August I thought I might make 10k for the year. However, by December I had lost all inspiration. I just didn't care about a number. I had cycled over 9,600 miles in 11 months and thought; "fine". So I gave myself a break and took the month of December off.

Summary of Rides: 2016
  • Total Number of Rides: 164 (days)
  • Total Distance Cycled: 9,632.5 (miles)
  • Elevation Gain: 532,263 (feet)

I don't know if I'll ever be able to equal the numbers I acheived in 2016. The number of days I cycled didn't increase that much (+14 more than 2015), but my mileage increased by over 2k miles. If you'd like to see more detail of the two years compared check out: "2016 vs. 2015".
If you'd like to see the details of each month check out: "2016 Monthly Details".

Ads Inside Post